Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Take a picture, it'll last longer!

It's come to my attention that there are a LOT of talented photographers out there. There are photogs that specialize in making every bride look like a runway model and photogs that seem to have a knack for capturing every tender, silly, ridiculous, or funny moment of the day. They suck you in with romantically soundtracked websites depicting fabulous weddings and then knock you in the stomach with a fat price tag. It's tough, shopping for the right one!

I just got off the phone with a wonderful photographer, and let me tell you, I'm excited. His listed price on the website made me want to cry (in a bad way), but after talking with him on the phone he was willing to give us a hefty discount. He's still a teensy bit out of our price range, but I feel like he's going to be worth it. I felt at ease talking with him over the phone, and if there's one thing that I know about myself, it's that I make a face like a howler monkey if somebody I don't like is taking my picture.

What do you think the most important things are in choosing a photographer? Is it all about the right price, or was this an area of your budget that you were willing to push?

No comments:

Post a Comment